We have two fruitful pear trees.
We have lots of pears this time of year.
I’m always looking for quick and easy recipes to put all these pears to good use. this is one of my favorites. I wont go on and on about the recipe, because if you are like me and looking for quick and easy recipes, you are reading – you;re scrolling. All I will say about this recipe before I get on with it is: the batter is made in the blender! THE BLENDER! So fast. So easy. Enjoy!
- 4 medium-sized firm pears, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cups unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cinnamon sugar for topping
- butter or cooking spray to coat pie plate
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and coat pie plate with butter or cooking spray
- Place pear slices in pie plate
- Put melted & cooled butter, eggs, milk, salt, sugar, flour and vanilla in the blender, blend until smooth
- Gently pour batter from the blender over the pears. Bake for 50 minutes until the custard is firm, golden. Let cool the dust with cinnamon sugar.