The “lettuce” in this quiche is actually spinach but otherwise this does have a taste similar to a BLT. I froze spinach from my farm share on a week I had too much and used it for this recipe. Tomatoes on top make this a beautiful quiche!
5 strips of bacon (cooked)
1 tomato (sliced)
3/4 cup frozen spinach (drained, more or less to taste)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded cheese
1 pre-made pie crust
1) Preheat oven to 325.
2) Place pre-made (or homemade) crust in pie plate.
3) Drain spinach well. You may want to let it sit in a screen-style strainer overnight. But this in the bottom of your crust.
4) Add a layer of chopped bacon. Top with shredded cheese.
5) Beat together eggs & cream and pour over the top.
6) Float tomato slices on top all of the other layers.
7) Bake at 325 for 40 minutes.
And if you like this, check out our ham & onion quiche.